Tamy's Garden

Tamy's Garden

Thursday, August 30, 2012

August 29, 2012

Starting now through month of September Tamy's Garden will only be open 3 days per week.  Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from 10 - 6.

Vegetable quantities are limited this time of year as the summer garden is fading out and fall and winter gardens are being planted.

I still have okra, bell peppers, banana peppers, hot chili peppers, some tomatoes, some squash, and some rattlesnake green beans that have come in again.  I also have green apples that are great for baking and jellies.

I will always have my canned goods:  tomato sauce, mild and medium salsa, green beans, peach preserves, fig and strawberry fig preserves, pepper sauce, mild chow chow, mild pickle okra, bread and butter pickles, sweet pickles.   X-large brown free range eggs (kept in the frig on porch of shack), birdhouses, and herbs that I will pick weekly (with the exception of basil, cilantro, and dill).  There is plenty of sage, rosemary, oregano, thyme.

I should have in a few weeks: radishes, lettuces - gourmet blends, spinach, romaine a little later.

What I am planting now for the fall/winter:  carrots, onions, garlic.  Collards, turnip greens, rutabagas, kale, swiss chard, beets, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbages.  Starting  October 1st, I  will only be open on Saturdays with the exception of pre-orders that you can call/email and I can have ready for you to pick up on any day you choose.  The first weekend in October I will be open for the "Cotton Pickin' Fair'!  I will have more birdhouses, fall mums, can good gift baskets, and whatever vegetables are available at the time.

I wanted to take this time to thank each and every one of you who have supported me this summer.  I have so enjoyed getting to know you and providing fresh produce to you and your family!  I appreciate all the encouragement you each have given me - because of you I have so enjoyed gardening even more.  Thank you for allowing me to serve you and for making a dream of mine become a reality!!!
Sincerely,
Tamy

No comments:

Post a Comment